SECURITY MANAGEMENT: IT’S REAL
In today’s environments the numbers and varieties of servers, desktops, laptops, mobile devices and specialized equipment such as point-of-sale (POS) devices, ATMs and self-service kiosks, known collectively as Endpoints, are growing at unprecedented rates. Traditional protection schemes such as firewalls and anti-virus agents are no longer sufficient on their own. With rapidly increasing numbers of remote workers and mobile devices, there is no well-defined perimeter. The perimeter, by necessity, must be the endpoint itself.
Endpoints, by their very nature, are highly vulnerable to attack and can represent significant risk including loss of control over the endpoint and the risk of losing valuable data. Many exposures are simply the result of endpoints that lack critical patches or have configuration errors that leave them open to attack and could be eliminated through the consistent application of configuration and update policies organization-wide. Comprehensive Endpoint protection includes a holistic cybercrime prevention platform that helps protect organizations against financial fraud and data breaches. Cybercrime prevention solutions protect web applications, computers and mobile devices from online threats, such as advanced malware and phishing attacks including:
- Advanced fraud protection prevents malware and phishing-driven fraud, detect account takeover attacks and fraudulent transactions and control mobile fraud risk.
- Infrastructure protection breaks the cyber-attack chain at critical points with pre-emptive defense, securing employee endpoints from advanced information-stealing malware that can enable corporate system compromise.
Addressing endpoint exposures is optimized when you deploy a single, unified solution that can identify all the endpoints, addresses the risks associated with security threats while also controlling cost, complexity and IT staff burden while meeting compliance mandates. CMI supports IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance and IBM Trusteer for a comprehensive Endpoint solution.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance
- Helps support continuous security and compliance using an intelligent agent that assesses and remediates issues.
- Manages hundreds of thousands of endpoints, both physical and virtual, regardless of location, connection, type or status.
- Simplifies operations with a single console for management, configuration, discovery and security functions.
- Delivers a broad range of security functions and gives you the ability to add other targeted functions as needed, without adding infrastructure or implementation costs.
- Provides a single solution set for:
IBM Security Trusteer With a dedicated, advanced research team and global intelligence enables the service-based platform to be easily deployed and then rapidly adapt to emerging threats and help:
- Prevent the root cause of fraud.
- Reduce the operational impact of fraud.
- Improve the end users’ experience.
- Provide real-time threat intelligence service.
Endpoint Management helps reduce security risks, manage costs and complexity as it increases the speed and accuracy of remediation while improving the productivity and satisfaction of end users. The solution delivers rapid time-to-value through functions such as patch management and asset discovery as well as long-term ROI by increasing operational efficiencies, enabling management infrastructure consolidation and improving IT productivity. Contact CMI today.